Teacher (Face-to-Face / Online) and Admin Officer
Ingla is a British Council-accredited, English language school in north London. We pride ourselves on our warm, friendly atmosphere and our high academic standards. Our mission is to improve Inglans’ (our students’) lives by enhancing their abilities to read, write, and communicate in English, and to help them integrate into life in Britain. We believe that teaching, and learning English, is a social experience that goes beyond the borders of the classroom, and we want to instil that ethos in our students.
Ingla is looking for a talented Teacher for our rapidly expanding offer of face-to-face and online classes and who is also comfortable working as part of our Admin team.
The central focus of this role is delivering 75-minute, online English lessons on our dedicated platform, LearnCube. Lessons are scheduled to take place in the late morning and late afternoon UK time. The successful candidate will be confident teaching online and have a sterling command of the English language and the ability to explain it. For candidates who live in London, we are also looking to fill a role delivering face-to-face English lessons at our school in Turnpike Lane. These lessons are 90-minutes long and would predominantly take place in the evening. Cover work and 1:1 lessons are also regularly available.
In addition, he/she will make up part of the Admin and Sales Team, helping to ensure that student paperwork is up-to-date, payments are made and logged, prospective students are informed about course options and prices, and that the school runs smoothly.
- Delivering face-to-face lessons at our school in Turnpike Lane, north London
- Delivering online lessons via our platform, LearnCube
- Planning lessons in accordance with British Council expectations and to Ingla standards
- Recording and assessing student progress
- Helping prospective students with information about courses, prices, etc.
- Coordinating trial lessons for prospective students
- Collecting and filing students’ personal documents in accordance with GDPR legislation and internal policies
- Keeping track of and collecting Inglan payments
- Managing Inglan attendance
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Educated to degree level
- CELTA certificate (or other TEFLI qualification)
- Impeccable use of English and the ability to explain it
- Experience using Google Docs and Sheets in a professional capacity
- Ability to work in a team and to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask
- Experience teaching in a British Council school
- Experience teaching online
- Experience teaching Business English
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English
- Experience using a CRM (e.g. HubSpot) and managing contacts
Key Facts / Benefits
- £11.50 per teaching hour, rising to £12.50 after a probationary period
- £10.00 per admin hour, rising to £11.00 after a probationary period
- Up to 28 day of holiday for full-time employees
- Enrollment in a private pension scheme for qualified, full-time employees
- Flexible schedule
- Friendly, family atmosphere