Online IELTS Exam Preparation
IELTS (CEFR B2/C1)
Our IELTS Preparation Course is perfect to get you ready for your upcoming exam.
Who is the Online IELTS class for?
These online exam preparation classes do not include a general English element, but they are ideal for students who want to focus solely on exam tasks and tactics and aim to increase their score by at least 1 point overall by the end of the course.
The IELTS is an internationally recognised certificate to prove your level of English, and is especially important if you would like to study at a British university.
Our online classes, which have a maximum class size of 8, are available for full or part-time learning and help students develop the necessary exam strategies and techniques. This course has also been divided into three, convenient six-week modules that will give students a total of 90 hours with a teacher in the virtual classroom.
All four parts of the exam, Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking will be covered during this class, and you will become acquainted with the wide variety of tasks found in the IELTS exam. In the Listening and Reading part of the exam, this includes multiple choice questions, diagram labelling, sentence completion, matching headings, and true, false, not given questions – to name just a few.
Our online IELTS course also focuses extensively on different writing tasks, both describing data (line graphs, bar charts, diagrams, etc.) for Task 1, and expressing, developing, and supporting opinion essays for Task 2.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to …
- use a variety of sophisticated reading techniques to excel in the Reading section of the IELTS exam
- identify important information quickly and effectively in complex texts
- tell the difference between incorrect information, and information that is not given to answer True/Yes, False/No, Not Given questions more effectively
- interpret, understand, and write effectively about data and statistics presented in different forms (line graphs, tables, pie charts, etc.)
- label parts of a map from a speaker’s description, and describe changes over time in a map
- listen for specific information in a general and academic context
- plan and deliver a two-minute monologue on a personal topic for the Speaking part of the exam
- express yourself more effectively and coherently when talking about social and academic issues
- understand the main points and specific information from an academic lecture
- structure, organise, and write a variety of different essays for Writing Task 2 using language that is proven to get good results on the IELTS exam
- feel comfortable describing a diagram or a process step by step
The class materials used for the online IELTS course are carefully selected from a variety of publications, official IELTS practice sources, well-respected websites and online teaching databases. Our highly experienced academic staff have designed this course to have a maximum impact in a short space of time.
Our Mini Course for IELTS Writing is perfect to help you develop your written communication skills.
This is a short, but intense course that focuses only on IELTS writing. A variety of essay types for both Writing Task 1 and Task 2 will be covered. These include line graphs, maps, diagrams, tables, agree/disagree essays, and many more. This course will also cover the best language and grammar to use to ensure success for each type of writing task. You will get lots of personalised feedback from an experienced, CELTA-qualified teacher, and because of our small class sizes, you will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and get the attention you need.
- Line graphs
- Pie charts
- Agree/disagree essay
- 3 days per week, 1 hour per day, for 4 weeks
- 12 total hours of online classroom Teacher Time
- Maximum 8 students