Here is a list of links to some online dictionaries:
- www.oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com – Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
- www.oxforddictionaries.com – monolingual dictionary and language reference
- www.macmillandictionary.com – monolingual dictionary and thesaurus
- www.urbandictionary.com – colloquial words and expressions defined by users
- www.phrases.org.uk – phrases, sayings, idioms and expressions
- www.wordreference.com – multilingual dictionary
Exam Preparation and Practice
- www.cambridgeenglish.org – official website for Cambridge ESOL exams
- www.ielts.org – comprehensive information for students, teachers and researchers
- www.flo-joe.co.uk – Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS practice
- https://www.freebooknotes.com/english-homework-help/ – Homework help etc
- www.ielts-exam.net – IELTS exam practice and exam information
- www.dcielts.com – blog with free IETLS preparation materials
Learning English Online
Here is a list of websites providing learning materials for self-study and general practice. The materials include videos, games, puzzles, quizzes and exercises on vocabulary, listening, reading and grammar:
- www.learnenglish.britishcouncil.org – wide range of activities for all age groups
- www.bbc.co.uk – great for videos about current events and everyday situations
- www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish – resources for adult learners at intermediate level
- www.learnenglishfeelgood.com – one stop source for ESL/EFL resources
- www.eslgamesworld.com – interactive games for children and lower levels
- www.esolcourses.com – wide selection of exercises for all skills and levels
- www.englishclub.com – lessons, games, videos and more to help you learn
- www.englishpage.com – English lessons with grammar and vocabulary exercises
- www.stuff.co.uk – English practice activities, including TOEFL and IELTS practice
- www.manythings.org – A fun study site for ESL students with online activities
Here is a list of websites useful for practising listening skills:
- www.TED.com – interesting and inspiring video talks with transcripts and subtitles
- www.esl-lab.com – lots of listening tasks of different difficulty levels with activities
- www.ello.org – selection of short listening tasks on lots of different topics
- www.learnoutloud.com – podcasts to download (lectures, interviews, conversations)
What our students say
I have big news for my greatest teacher, Anne - I got 6.5! I owe this score entirely to your teaching and encouragement. You have repeatedly taught us the importance of studying 'little and often'. Now I have a habit of opening TED talk, OAED and AUSnetwork regularly. Thank you very much!!!
I had a wonderful time at the school and I'm so sad to be leaving London. I improved my English, became more confident and made many friends! My teacher, Zuzana, is a diamond - all the staff are very friendly and helpful, they were like a second family to me. For me, the best school in London.
The environment is very nice, familiar and cosy. And what can I say about my teacher, she is devoted to her students and committed to make them improve. You gave me the confidence to get a 7,5 in the IELTS exam (a much higher mark than the one I needed!!)
I indicate Ingla School for the seriousness and competence of all the time. I studied for 4 weeks a short time, but the experience that I had will stay with me for all my life. Thanks ... I miss you
I joined the IELTS course. Obviously, the school generally is the best for me. My teacher is really brilliant, amazing person. I am so glad to meet her and my friends. This course helped me to improve my listening skills of course thanks to Jo. Thanks for helping Jo.
I spent 4 months here. The teachers are excellent. They improved my English a lot.
I went there to prepare for IELTS and I joined IELTS class. My teacher was amazing. It was good choice for me.
I can totally recommend, specially IELTS course. Great teacher, fantastic group and lots of interesting ways to improve language skills.