General English Courses – Intermediate (B1)
General English Classes are perfect to improve your English all round.
In each lesson, the four primary skills of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking are developed and practiced.
Each class is 90 minutes long.
Classes are available morning and afternoon, Monday – Friday.
To see the best improvement in your English, we recommend that you study consistently for a course of regular classes for 12 weeks.
Who is Intermediate for?
This General English course is for people who want to increase their level of communication, sound more natural in English, and improve how fluent they are. The Intermediate course lays the foundations for higher level English.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to…
· Describe past habits and actions that are becoming routine
· Understand when to use –ing and infinitive verbs more effectively
· Pronounce English vowels better
· Speak with a more convincing and natural rhythm
· Form different types of complex questions
· Report what other people have said in more natural ways
· Talk about imaginary and hypothetical situations
· Write an opinion essay using good linking and organising language
· Talk about continuous and finished actions in the future
· Give more detailed information about people, places and things
In the Intermediate course, you will study the following topics.
· Question formation
· Using auxiliary verbs like “have” and “do”
· Present Perfect Simple and Continuous
· Future Perfect and Continuous
· The position of adverbs in a sentence
· In-depth study of unreal, imaginary conditionals (Second and Third)
· Used to, Be used to, Get used to
· Past Modals
· Language for speculation, wishes, and regrets
Vocabulary and Topics
· Understanding new words from context
· Air travel
· The environment
· Collocations (pairs of words that fit together naturally)
· Crime and punishment
· The media
· Clothes and fashion
· Illnesses and injuries
· Phrasal verbs
· How to form adjectives, adverbs, nouns and verbs
· Adverbial phrases