General English Courses- Elementary (A1)
General English Classes are perfect to improve your English all round. In each lesson, the four primary skills of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking are developed and practiced.
Each class is 90 minutes long.
Classes are available morning and afternoon, Monday – Friday.
To see the best improvement in your English, we recommend that you study consistently for a course of regular classes for 12 weeks.
Who is Elementary for?
This General English course is for people who have already studied English a little and want to communicate better.
This class has lots of speaking and pronunciation practice to help you sound better when you speak English and be better understood. The Elementary course will also add to your knowledge of grammar, improve your vocabulary, and give you lots of real, authentic listening practice in the classroom.
This is a great course if you want to push your level of English past the basics.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to…
· Talk about your likes and dislikes
· Understand basic conversations about familiar topics
· Talk about shopping and money
· Tell people about your life experiences
· Use the right present/past tense with more confidence
· Compare people and things using adjectives
· Make and talk about plans for the future
· Tell people about your abilities
· Express obligations and talk about rules
· Understand when to use “be” or “do
· Feel more confident when you use prepositions (in, on, at…)
· Use the right stress when you pronounce words
In the Elementary course, you will study the following topics.
· Revising present and past simple and continuous
· How to use different types of pronouns (subject, object, possessive)
· How to compare things with comparative and superlative adjectives
· Using modals (can/could) to talk about abilities
· Using modals (have to/don’t have to) to talk about obligations
· How to talk about future plans and make predictions with “going to”
· How to talk about life experiences using present perfect
Vocabulary and Topics
· Weather and the seasons
· Language used on the phone
· Ordering a meal in a restaurant
· Talking about the British diet
· Making arrangement with friends
· Writing an invitation
· Describing your neighbourhood
· Important places in London
· Living abroad
· Events you’ve been to